This course has been designed with an objective to familiarize participants with detailed understanding of Export and Import trade, Logistics of goods in international business and documentation required to ensure fulfillment of protocols of a country during International movement of cargo through Customs stations. The program has been designed by Industry expert with an intention to prepare entry-level and experienced professionals in the domain. Program features includes:
- Self Study mode
- Study material will be provided
- Online Industry Expert Lecturers videos with 24*7 access
- Post program related queries to faculties by email
- Online Computer based exams
- Internship Assistance
- Placement Assistance
- Participants can do the course from their existing location
- Easy and interactive platform to raise queries and clear doubts
- Library Access
- Industry visit support on request (ICD; Air Cargo Complex etc.)
- Certificate (on passing the exam)
Eligibility Criteria: Class XII pass
- Professionals working with Custom House Agent, Export Houses, Shipping lines, Freight Forwarders, Logistic Company.
- Entrepreneur in the business of Export/Import, Logistics, Custom Clearance, International Trade etc.
- Students wanting to pursue career in the field of International Trade, EXIM Logistics etc.
Course Duration: – 3 months Validity of enrollment : Participants are required to complete the course within a period of 2 months from the date of enrollment. Participants who are unable to complete the program within the validity period of 2 months, but still keen on continuing the program, are required to contact JBS Academy’s office. JBS Academy’s management may extend the eligibility period at its discretion. In such case the de novo registration fee as applicable to be paid.
Examination: – In order to appear for the exams, participants are required to register by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 15 days prior to the preferred date of exams. Institute conduct Online Computer Based Test. Participants will be given Login ID and Password which they can use only on the day of preferred date. Exam will have Multiple choice as well as subjective questions. There will be predefined time period to response a question. If no response is given within the time period, participant will get the new question and the unattended question will be treated as not appeared. Also there will be no provision for going back to a question if participant want to change the answer. Participants need to ensure of having an internet speed of atleast 512 Kpbs. Performance of the examinations will be evaluated based on marks achieved in a subject. Minimum passing marks for a subject will be 40 marks out of total 100 marks.
- Overview of Customs, its history and current services
- Basic background of Customs Act
- Role of Customs
- Value for Customs
- Customs Tariff
- Various Prohibitions
- Allied Act and their applications under the provisions of Customs Act
- Import & Export Clearance
- Customs Valuation and Other Valuation rules
- Different Types of Duties and methods of calculation
- Foreign Trade Policy
- Insurance & Letter of credit
- Various Codes – IEC, EDI Port, State of Origin etc
- Duty Calculations chart
- Volume Calculation protocol
- Hazardous classes for cargo transportation
- Role of Custodians
- Tax Structure
- Cargo & Marine Insurance
- Self Assessment in Customs, RMS and OSPCA
- The Customs Broker Licensing Regulation 2013