NMIS offers 1 year Associate Programme in Shipping Management through JBS Academy. The course is approved by Govt. of India, Ministry of Education (Now HRD). This course has been designed and conducted by top industry professionals with an intention to prepare entry-level and experienced professionals in the domain.
- : HSC or equivalent
- : 2 years in shipping related field as on 1st April.
- : 20 years or more as on 1st April
Persons desiring of taking up employment at or becoming an Entrepreneur:
- Shipping related Logistics Companies
- Multimodal Transport Operators
- Freight Forwarder and Custom House agents
- Shipping agencies
- Ship and Chartering Brokers
- Port, Export/Import Houses & Trade Associations
- Inland Container Depot and Container Freight Station
- Ship Owing, Management & Manning Companies
- Govt. Depts. Dealing with shipping & related Logistics
- Law firms dealing with shipping &related logistics
The examination for the course is held in the first fortnight of March every year.
On successful completion of course, Associateship certificate of NMIS will be issued either in person at a glittering convocation to be held in Mumbai or by post.
Fees: ? 30,000/- + Exam fees ? 5,000/- (All inclusive)
- Geography of Sea Transport
- Commercial & Shipping Law
- Shipping Practice
- Shipping Economics & Finance
- Current Shipping Environment